The Communications & Public Relations Office is located inside the County Manager's Office on the third floor of the Municipal Building in downtown Los Alamos (1000 Central Avenue, Suite 350).
We proactively inform, educate and involve citizens and employees about County projects, policies, and goals, while enhancing the image of our County government. We promote a culture of open communication and collaboration to foster exceptional customer service.
Communications & Public Relations Administrator
The Communications & Public Relations Office is responsible for:
- Internal Communications (employees)
- External Communications (public)
- Media Communications (news releases, media advisories)
- Graphics Design, Photography & Videography
- Oversight of the County's web page
- Coordination and public relations joint efforts with other agencies in the County, and across Northern New Mexico
- Public information and public relations assistance to the Council's Boards and Commissions
- Collaboration with other entities, such as LANS, LANL, and DOE/NNSA
- Assistance and representation of the County Manager, Deputy County Manager(s) and the County Council on special projects involving the community, other organizations, or other agencies
- Public information dissemination during an emergency situation involving the County
Specifically, these functions are a part of the Office:
- Under the direction of the County's Public Information Officer, approval of Public Information, Education & Involvement Plans for County projects
- Respond to requests for general information about Los Alamos County government
Interested in finding out more about Los Alamos County? Visit this webpage!