Tips! Tips! Tips!
- Los Alamos County will only consider hiring those who meet the minimum requirements of a position. Please ensure that you are applying for jobs for which you qualify.
- All applicants must complete the Los Alamos County job application.
- Be sure to include all pertinent information on your application. Use the sections of the application to tell us how you meet the minimum qualifications.
- Information on resumés or in cover letters is not used to determine qualification.
- Attach or list relevant certifications.
- Fill out your application completely. An incomplete application might prevent you from being considered for a position you may have otherwise qualified for.
- All qualifying information must appear on the application to be considered. A resumé and the information on it will not be considered in lieu of an application, but you are welcome to attach one to supplement the application.
- Sign and date your application.
- Applications must be submitted to Human Resources by the deadline stated on the posting.
- Applications may be hand-delivered, mailed,faxed or emailed. The information for each of these is at the top of the application.
- Keep a copy of your application.
Additional Tips for Internal Applicants
- Treat the application process as if you were applying to the County for the first time.
- Be thorough when completing your application.
- All qualifying information must appear on the application.
- Relevant certifications need to be listed or attached.