Capital Improvement Projects
The 12 projects approved by the Council in March 2016 to proceed to
pre-conceptual design are listed below. Information about the projects,
including public meeting announcements and the option to sign up for a
monthly newsletter, can be found on the "Los Alamos Bond Projects 2016"
website established and maintained by the County's consultant, Dekker
Perich Sabatini. Use the following link to visit the website https://www.losalamosbondprojects2017.com/.
The information shown below is the only information that will be
posted on the projects by the County during this initial phase.
Economic Development Projects
- 20th Street Extension - master plan, street and utilities
- Parcel A-8 Utility stub out - street and utilities
- Deacon Street - master plan
- DP Road Improvements - street and utilities
Existing Facilities Projects
- Golf Course Improvements - irrigation system, tee box, greens/turf
- Tennis Courts - add four courts at Urban Park or eight courts at North Mesa
- Ice Rink Improvements - locker rooms, lobby, restrooms, sun shade
New Facilities Projects
- Recreation Center - basketball and volleyball courts, indoor soccer,
running track, team locker rooms located either near the Aquatic
Center or on North Mesa.
- Leisure Pool - co-located with pool at Aquatic Center
- Splash Pads - splash pad in White Rock and Water Feature in Ashley Pond Park
- Softball, baseball and soccer fields - varsity fields in White Rock
plus multi-use fields on North Mesa (could include school property)
- Indoor Ice Rink - located either near the Aquatic Center or on North Mesa